Why Remember?

The reason behind this blog is for us to write down, for all to see, what the Lord has done for us. By recalling and testifying of His goodness and answered pray, we open up the way for more of His blessings.
Please comment and share your stories and testimonies in response to what you read.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Grace, I'll Take it!!

The Grace of God.  What do I believe about the Grace of God? I believe it is all I need, that it draws me into Jesus, the one who paid a high price for this grace.  Will I treat it cheaply by trying to earn it? By thinking that I can add something by my actions?  That is what I always did (hopefully in the past), believing that Christ required some response other than acceptance of His gift with thanksgiving.
The Gospel (Good News) of Christ is simple: Believe in the one whom was sent from God (Christ Jesus), and love.  That's it.  Christ has done EVERYTHING else.  No need to strive to become holy, righteous, forgiven, etc.  All of that was accomplished on the cross, His death did what we could and can never do, which is become righteous.  Only IN Christ are we righteous. Do you realize that when the Father looks at us He sees Christ? We are hidden in Christ -
Col. 3:3 - For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
He doesn't see any of what we see, He sees Christ...think about that.

Psalm 103:12 - As far as the east is from the west, [So] far has He removed our transgressions from us. 
Hebrews 10:17 - ... Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more. 
If we are honest with ourselves, we must admit that no amount of trying has changed our behavior, at least not for long.  What if God truly meant what He said through Paul:
Romans 8:2 - For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 
I am FREE from sin through Christ!!! Hallelujah!  

What is "sin"?  The Greek word for sin is hamartia, of which one of the meanings is "to be without a share in".  So because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross, I have gone from "being without a share in God" to
becoming the "righteousness of God" - 
2 Corinthians 5:21 - For He made Him who knew no sin [to be] sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

WOW!!!  I'll take it!  Will you?

No comments: