Why Remember?

The reason behind this blog is for us to write down, for all to see, what the Lord has done for us. By recalling and testifying of His goodness and answered pray, we open up the way for more of His blessings.
Please comment and share your stories and testimonies in response to what you read.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Satisfied?

I have been ruminating on what I should write about next. I wanted this blog to talk about the goodness of God, and remembering what He has done in our lives. I think I need to be reminded that it's not about what God has done for or in me (although I am so thankful!), but about Him. Am I looking for Him? Am I longing for Him? Am I listening for Him? I know that my heart is unsettled and wants more. Not more "stuff" from Him (not that I don't welcome that), but Him. It is an intimate relationship. My relationship with my husband isn't built on the gifts he gives me (though diamonds definitely help!), but on time spent, things shared and emotions revealed. My relationship with the Lord isn't on "stuff" either. It is time spent WITH Him, not learning about Him in the Bible or sermons (although that enhances a good relationship). It's about time on my knees or face or just listening for and to Him. That is the only thing that truly satisfies me. I need it, just as I need to breath and eat, I need Him to survive.
I encourage each of you to find out what that means in your life. In my life it means taking time to just "be" before Him. To sit or lay listening to praise music, or just listening, letting God speak to me. It may bring up songs that I begin to sing before Him, or even dancing and jumping in excitement (luckily no one else sees me but God). What ever it is, if I don't spend time with Him, I feel incomplete and dissatisfied. I don't know about you, but I want more of Him.

Ps. 42:1,2 - As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

Ps. 42:11 - Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.


Listen to this great song from Salvador that speaks to what I'm saying. You will have to cut and paste, it won't let me link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4kZY9amZo&feature=related

No comments: