Why Remember?

The reason behind this blog is for us to write down, for all to see, what the Lord has done for us. By recalling and testifying of His goodness and answered pray, we open up the way for more of His blessings.
Please comment and share your stories and testimonies in response to what you read.

Monday, January 12, 2009

A Prayer Closet Experience

Mom and Dad were pastors of a church in Sparks, Nevada, when I was 10. Church camp was coming up the next day, and I decided I needed to go. I told my mom that I wanted to go, but she reluctantly told me they had no money. (In those days, keeping the pastor poor meant he would be closer to God somehow!)
Dad had recently preached a moving sermon on going into your prayer closet from Matthew 6:6
When you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your
Father secretly. Then your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you. Mt. 6:6 NLT
So, undaunted by the news, I told my mom I would ask God. Going into my closet, I pushed shoes and various garments aside, knelt and asked the Lord to supply the needed money. Then, in my childlike faith, I got up and started packing.
Mom was frantically trying to think of how she could get the money so that my faith would not be damaged (how often we mothers done that!). As she was worrying, the phone rang. It was my Grandpa wanting to drop by. He usually only dropped by after his wife had beat up on him - but that's a whole other story! When Grandpa arrived, he handed my Mom money, the exact amount needed for me to go to camp and have spending money. Understand, no one told him. Grandpa never gave my parents money, plus my parents would never have asked. God moved on a most unlikely source to meet my prayer of faith.
This Stone of Remembrance is one of the bedrocks of my faith. God has always met my needs in so many different ways, but this one set the course for my belief in God's goodness.

7 comments:

Alex S said...

Hey Pam, Alex here, love the blog =)

Unknown said...

Isn't it interesting how God not only met your need and increased your faith, but the faith of your mom. That is exciting. Sheila

kathryntara said...

Ask in faith...it works just like Jesus said it would. Wow! Thanks for the story Mom!

Noni said...

We serve an amazing God! Something so many years ago still is a source of strength today. You are a true blessing... thank you Pam!

Bridgett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridgett said...

God is so Great. He seems to apprear when we really need him. I think I want to hear more about grandpa. I feel bad for him but it sounds like he would never hit a woman so he topk the beating with out laying hands.

Lorianne said...

Jesus is so awesome! Just when I thought I would be crushed under the pressure of stuff, He came through. And He always does!